If you know the best ways to increase car sales, it is easy to break out of a slump in car sales.
It’s not likely that every dealer would know the best ways of increasing car sales. There wouldn’t be a multimillion-dollar industry built on teaching salespeople tricks. You’re probably familiar with the unpredictable nature and dynamics of the car industry. You might be so busy that you don’t have time to go to the bathroom, but then you find yourself struggling to reach your monthly goal. Although it can be frustrating to find yourself stuck in a rut, you can use this time to evaluate your dealership’s approach and identify any potential problems.
These productive ways to increase sales at your dealership could help you achieve a bit more consistency in your schedule and profit margins.
There are seven ways to increase car sales, no matter how well you are doing it.
1. Your availability should be increased.
The hours of a car dealer can have a major impact on traffic. Limited hours are a major turnoff for car buyers who want convenience. It can be difficult for smaller dealers to maintain extended hours with fewer staff, but it is possible to be open seven days per week. Your staff can use your mobile CRM to keep in touch with clients even when they aren’t at work.
2. Analyze your pricing.
Auto dealers and real estate agents should also conduct regular market comparisons. Dealers can use car comparison websites just as much as they can for buyers. You can see where your dealership ranks and make any necessary adjustments. You don’t want your customers to be scared off by high prices on your inventory.
3. Stock your inventory smartly
While pricing is important, if your inventory remains unmoved for more than 60 days, it could be a sign that you aren’t stocking the right cars. Pay attention to the customers’ cars and keep track of your monthly reports to determine which vehicles are selling. Lowering your floorplan fees will increase your chances of making a profit. When purchasing vehicles for your lot, it is important to make informed decisions. Don’t give customers what you think they need, but what they want.
4. Offer unique customer incentives.
Dealers love to offer oil changes as an incentive to their customers. But now, it has become so common that car buyers expect them to come standard with their purchase. Offering unique incentives to customers is one of the best ways to increase car sales. You might want to offer:
- Tires and wheels, paint protection or other extended services.
- Gift certificate for wear and tear items like tires, brakes, wipers, or brakes.
- Reconditioning services. Even three reconditioning services are cheaper than a lifetime’s oil changes. This makes them attractive to busy parents and business owners.
5. You can streamline your day.
You can work faster if you are smarter. This will allow you to reduce the time required to close a deal. You can sell more cars and increase customer retention. Digital processes are the best way to increase efficiency. It’s important to make use of your dealership’s CRM tools. Ensure that the software you select is primarily focused on auto dealers and has a mobile application. Car dealers need mobility today. The faster you can respond to clients, the more successful you’ll be.
6. Enhance your team’s communication abilities.
Customers should feel compelled to visit your dealership frequently. This is one of the best ways you can increase car sales. You can encourage your team members to:
- Daily, send ten emails and ten text messages, and make 10 phone calls.
- Use social media to share useful content from your dealership. Instead of endless advertisements, think “how-to’s” and useful information.
- Spend a few minutes during each sales meeting to explain CRM features to your dealership to your team and how they can be used to improve customer communication and efficiency.
- You can roleplay different scenarios for car sales and get feedback about how to improve. It is better to practice with other salespeople than with clients and get negative online reviews.
7. Monitor accountability.
Use your CRM tool to review the salespeople’s current leads and incoming appointments each morning. You can also require them to submit a daily strategy report. Reviewing daily schedules can help your team plan their days. It will also help you plan yours. Ensure that appointments are on time and not forgotten to improve customer satisfaction.
It takes little to make a difference. If your team focuses on efficiency and improving communication skills, dealership traffic will increase. Marketing is not the only way to increase car sales. It’s all about being more thoughtful in your approach.