You should consider starting an auto blog if you are already building your marketing strategy. Recent research has shown that 61% of US customers make a purchase based on blog posts. This opens up the possibility for growth. Here are some topics that will help you get your auto repair blog up and running.
Seasonal Car Care Tips & Tricks
You are an automotive repair professional, and you know that not all drivers know how their cars should be maintained. This is a great opportunity to share some helpful tips with your customers. You are an industry expert and can offer tips for car care. Log on to your computer, and you can start writing tips in a blog. Some tips you might like to try are:
- Gas mileage is a byproduct of driving habits
- Before turning off a car, turn off the air conditioner
- Do pre-checks before a trip – Make sure you mention that your shop can assist with this service.
- Check your tire pressure and make sure you are fully hydrated.
Encourage seasonal car care and encourage customers to make an appointment for regular maintenance.
Regular maintenance has many benefits.
Auto owners want to extend the life of their vehicles. Regular maintenance and service are the best ways to prolong the life of your car. The following are the basic services:
- Tire checks
- Oil change and check (the oil change frequency depends on age, make, and model.
- Change engine and cabin air filters
- If necessary, brake inspection and replacement
- Replacing timing belt
Blogs about factory scheduled maintenance are a great way to encourage customers to choose smaller maintenance repairs over time rather than costly total overhauls.
Customers Can Get New Equipment and Products
The average customer can’t tell the difference between products for their car. As an expert, you can guide customers in choosing the right brands and parts for their vehicles. Get out a pen and paper, and share your knowledge with customers. You can do this by:
- Winter tires best
- The best car battery brands
- Best motor oil
- New alignment machine
- New balance & mount machine
- New computer diagnostic machine
This shows that you and your team are constantly looking for ways to improve their services.
Spotlights for Staff/Associates
It is extremely difficult to build a brand and trust with customers, especially in the automotive repair business. AAA states that the majority of people don’t trust their mechanics. Your team can address this by writing about the shop’s values and empowering your employees with spotlights. Both are a way to show your shop and team that you are an experienced and honest leader in the market. These are some of the things you should call out:
- When and how did your shop start?
- You and your employees must have the same values and work ethics.
- Certificates and licenses
- Expertise and experience
Being involved in your local community is key to attracting new customers. Sponsoring and featuring local events in your area will help you stay relevant to your customers. You can highlight the following events:
- Marketing events – preferable customer sales and car service clinics
- Car shows
- Service special – Factory rebates and other special offers
- Fairs for the community
This educational piece allows your customers to learn technical tasks they can do by themselves. Create user-friendly blogs that include pictures showing how to accomplish certain tasks, such as:
- Each tool that a car requires before it breaks down – cell phone and jack, spare tire, jumper cables (or caution triangles), water, and comfortable shoes
- How to check your tire pressure. Tire pressure check device
- How to change a tire
- How to jumpstart your vehicle